At Waverley Primary our Parents and Citizens (P&C) Association is formed from enthusiastic and committed of parents who meet on the third Monday of the month during term time.
The P&C’s role is to facilitate cooperation between the parent body, teachers and School management. We aim to create opportunities for parent participation in the School in a wide range of activities. We encourage parent input in issues including the curriculum and other education issues and maintain an open dialogue with the School.
The P&C also provides much needed facilities and equipment through our fundraising activities. Our current fundraising priority is the purchase of interactive whiteboards to be installed in each classroom at Waverley.
Other specific P&C activities at the School include:
- An onsite Uniform Shop enabling parents to purchase good quality school uniform items at a reasonable cost
- Waverley Markets are held several times a year in the grounds of the School to raise funds and awareness of the School in the local community
- Liaison with School management in major initiatives including the refurbishment of the school playground, building of the netball court (2008) and working to ensure the School obtains the best outcome from the national stimulus package for schools
- Providing assistance at all major school events including swimming and athletics carnivals, the Easter Hat Parade, Cultural Diversity Day, Christmas Carols etc
- Funding purchase of sports equipment including new soccer and netball uniforms for children involved in the public schools sports competitions.
The opportunities for involvement at the School through the P&C are endless and limited only by the time you as a parent are able to commit.
For more information log on to Waverley Primary School P & C